The New Jersey Food Council is an alliance of food retailers and their supplier partners united to provide vision and leadership to advance the interest of its members.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Continuing and maintaining the Food Council’s reputation for excellence and integrity;
- Serving as an advocate on both legislative and regulatory issues on behalf of our retail members and the mutual interests of their supplier partners;
- Disseminating accurate and timely information in order to educate and inform government, our members and the public;
- Developing strategic alliances to further our mission and achieve our short and long term goals; and
- Enhancing the image of the food industry.
- The New Jersey Food Council (NJFC), in partnership with the New Jersey Retail Merchants Association (NJRMA), hosted the 2018 Loss Prevention Conference and Exhibition at Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township, NJ, on Thursday, November 1, 2018. The event tackled all aspects of loss prevention, ensuring security professionals understand all the latest trends and updates […]Read More »
Statement by Linda M. Doherty President of the New Jersey Food Council on the Absolute Veto by Governor Phil Murphy on the Single Use Bag Fee LegislationTrenton- “We believe the proposed fee on single use bags was the most impactful solution to reducing both paper and plastic bags in our solid waste stream and a giant first step towards a plastic bag ban. We remain committed to working with the Administration, legislative leaders and stakeholders on a statewide policy and stand […]Read More »
- We are hopeful Gov. Phil Murphy will sign A-3267, a single-use bag initiative, into law. If approved, New Jersey will be recognized as enacting the most impactful disposable bag law in the country and serving as an environmental leader for other states to model. The New Jersey Food Council supports this legislation because our industry recognizes […]Read More »
STATEMENT OF NJ FOOD COUNCIL ON PASSAGE OF SINGLE USE BAG LEGISLATION by NJFC PRESIDENT LINDA DOHERTY JUNE 22, 2018“The New Jersey Food Council applauds the New Jersey Legislature for passing a comprehensive, statewide solution to reduce single-use plastic and paper shopping bags in the Garden State. We are grateful to the sponsors, Senator Teresa Ruiz and Assemblywoman Valerie Huttle, for their foresight and leadership on this sustainability issue. They have created a national model that will provide real environmental benefits without […]Read More »
- The New Jersey Food Council (NJFC), in partnership with the New Jersey Retail Merchants Association (NJRMA), will host the 2018 Loss Prevention Conference and Exhibition at Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township on Thursday, November 1. Linda Doherty, President & CEO of NJFC, explains the event tackles all aspects of loss prevention, ensuring security professionals […]Read More »