The New Jersey Food Council is an alliance of food retailers and their supplier partners united to provide vision and leadership to advance the interest of its members.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Continuing and maintaining the Food Council’s reputation for excellence and integrity;
- Serving as an advocate on both legislative and regulatory issues on behalf of our retail members and the mutual interests of their supplier partners;
- Disseminating accurate and timely information in order to educate and inform government, our members and the public;
- Developing strategic alliances to further our mission and achieve our short and long term goals; and
- Enhancing the image of the food industry.
- NJFC President Linda Doherty was to ROI-NJ’s Influencers’ Power List which includes elected officials, business leaders, association heads, and other industry leaders. ROI-NJ was quoted as saying, “Linda gets fully involved and has been able to help both the large food retailers and manufacturers work together on initiatives and advocate for the industry. Whether it’s billion-dollar […]Read More »
- Join us to celebrate our Industry Achievement Honorees. It’s the NJ premier food event of the year. Register here today for the 2019 Night of Distinction: http://njfoodcouncil.com/2019-night-of-distinction-registration/Read More »
- The New Jersey Food Council (NJFC), in partnership with the New Jersey Retail Merchants Association (NJRMA), hosted the 2018 Loss Prevention Conference and Exhibition at Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township, NJ, on Thursday, November 1, 2018. The event tackled all aspects of loss prevention, ensuring security professionals understand all the latest trends and updates […]Read More »
Statement by Linda M. Doherty President of the New Jersey Food Council on the Absolute Veto by Governor Phil Murphy on the Single Use Bag Fee LegislationTrenton- “We believe the proposed fee on single use bags was the most impactful solution to reducing both paper and plastic bags in our solid waste stream and a giant first step towards a plastic bag ban. We remain committed to working with the Administration, legislative leaders and stakeholders on a statewide policy and stand […]Read More »