The New Jersey Food Council is an alliance of food retailers and their supplier partners united to provide vision and leadership to advance the interest of its members.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Continuing and maintaining the Food Council’s reputation for excellence and integrity;
- Serving as an advocate on both legislative and regulatory issues on behalf of our retail members and the mutual interests of their supplier partners;
- Disseminating accurate and timely information in order to educate and inform government, our members and the public;
- Developing strategic alliances to further our mission and achieve our short and long term goals; and
- Enhancing the image of the food industry.
- We are hopeful Gov. Phil Murphy will sign A-3267, a single-use bag initiative, into law. If approved, New Jersey will be recognized as enacting the most impactful disposable bag law in the country and serving as an environmental leader for other states to model. The New Jersey Food Council supports this legislation because our industry recognizes […]Read More »
STATEMENT OF NJ FOOD COUNCIL ON PASSAGE OF SINGLE USE BAG LEGISLATION by NJFC PRESIDENT LINDA DOHERTY JUNE 22, 2018“The New Jersey Food Council applauds the New Jersey Legislature for passing a comprehensive, statewide solution to reduce single-use plastic and paper shopping bags in the Garden State. We are grateful to the sponsors, Senator Teresa Ruiz and Assemblywoman Valerie Huttle, for their foresight and leadership on this sustainability issue. They have created a national model that will provide real environmental benefits without […]Read More »
- The New Jersey Food Council (NJFC), in partnership with the New Jersey Retail Merchants Association, hosts the 2018 Loss Prevention Conference and Expo at Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township on Thursday, November 1 at 8 a.m. Linda Doherty, president & CEO of NJFC, said the event tackles all aspects of loss prevention, ensuring security […]Read More »
- Monday, July 30, 2018 Choice of 8:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. Shotgun starts Suburban Golf Club, Union, NJ Join Food Industry Decision Makers, Movers & Shakers in this Great Networking Opportunity! All registrations include Continental Breakfast, 18 Holes of Spectacular Golf, Goody Bag, BBQ Luncheon, Cocktails and Dinner Buffet Reception, Great Prizes and Raffle Drawings! […]Read More »
- The Asbury Park Press published an Opinion article authored by NJFC President Linda Doherty on the explosion of plastic bag ban ordinances popping up along the Jersey Shore and the proposed legislation that would have a positive impact on the usage of disposable plastic and paper bags. “Unfortunately, while well-intentioned, the proposals vary greatly with […]Read More »