As you may know, the Education Development Scholarship Program was created with the goal to promote future leaders, create a benefit for NJFC members and their families, and support the food industry. Scholarships will be available for the Fall 2017 school year and the deadline to submit an application is March 6, 2017.
20 scholarships are available this year. They are:
- 3 New Jersey Food Council Scholarships – Policy – Application
- Founders Scholarship Award – $5,000
- Thomas Infusino Scholarship Award – $5,000
- Student Award – $5,000
- Acme Markets Scholarship – $2,500
- CBA Industries Scholarship – $5,000
- Cuellar Family ShopRites Scholarship – $2,500
- Lawrence R. Inserra Memorial Scholarship – $5,000
- Raymond J. Maniaci Education Scholarship – $8,000
- QuickChek Corporation Scholarship – $2,000
- Grace Scaduto Memorial Scholarship – $2,000
- 2 Spires Family Scholarships – $2,000 each
- Perry Sumas Education Scholarship – $5,000
- 2 Wawa Education Scholarships – $2,500 each
- 5 Whole Foods Market Scholarships – $2,000 each
Applicants can download applications and e-mail the completed form with the essay and letter of recommendation to email@example.com or mail them to New Jersey Food Council, 30 W. Lafayette Street, Trenton, NJ, 08608.
Please help us share this information within your organization and with family members who may be interested in applying for a scholarship.
As you may recall, the NJFC Educational Development Fund is an independent 501 3c fund with tax exempt status. Not only can the program award scholarships but house member foundations and endowment programs as well. We encourage members to consider these options to invest in the future of the New Jersey Food Council. If you would like to discuss contributing to the endowment fund by establishing a family or company scholarship, please the office to discuss the details at (609) 392-8899.
Thanks for helping us spread the word and please call us if you have any comments or questions.